SOUR PATCH KIDS strongly believes that all students should have equal opportunities, regardless of race or ethnicity. But it takes good troublemakers to break the rules and make a difference. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) to give $1 million in scholarships over 5 years.
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF), and Sour Patch Kids are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of TMCF's member-schools that include publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) through the Sour Patch Kids Mischief for Change Scholarship.
Once applications have been submitted and reviewed, selected students will receive a fall scholarship of up to $16,700 overall or $8,200 per semester (which can only be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees) for the 2021-2022 academic school year.
THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE:
1. Students must be of African American or African Descent
2. Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
3. Be enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior at a TMCF member school during the 2021-2022 academic school year
4. Be able to provide proof of acceptance into or enrollment at a TMCF member school as an incoming freshman during the 2021-2022 academic school year
5. Have a current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
6. Have leadership abilities
7. Be able to demonstrate financial need
Applications for the Sour Patch Kids Mischief for Change Scholarship are currently open and will close on March 22, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. With the help of Chris Paul, 10 scholars will be selected.
For more information and how to apply for the scholarship, visit https://tm-cf.org/sourpatch